Flooded Basements Need a Rapid Response
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your South Central & Southern Illinois basements could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today at (618) 783-8677
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use S500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (618) 783-8677
FASTER "IS" BETTER WHEN DEALING WITH WATER DAMAGE
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service?
Call Us 24/7 – (618) 783-8677
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney
SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney are Flood Damage Experts
No place is immune from the threat of flooding, and Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel and Olney Illinois neighborhoods are not an exception. Our area of South Central Illinois experiences waves of heavy rainstorms, the combined strength of which can result in flooding situations. If water fills the lower levels of your home due to extended periods of rain, a call to us can turn the tide toward recovery.
When a home in the Lawrenceville region suffers flood damage, the inhabitants do not have the luxury of waiting until the water recedes to make decisions. Large quantities of water inside your home’s foundation or basement risk significant harm to your building’s structure and contents. It is crucial that rapid removal of the water occurs, followed by complete drying of floors, walls, ceilings, and other building components. Our teams of flood damage specialists train for the opportunity to complete these tasks for you.
Flood damage is a water event that requires professional help. A bucket and mop or shop vacuum are not up to the challenge. The sheer amount of water quickly overwhelms any do it yourself attempt. The experienced technicians from SERVPRO employ powerful, industrial strength pumps and extractors to evacuate the water fast. Speed is critical because of the progressive nature of water damage.
Many structures, items, and surfaces can emerge nearly good as new if water does not have the chance to soak into and begin the process of disintegration. Although building materials like finished wood, concrete or cinder block may be able to shed water without much change, drywall, insulation, ceiling tiles, carpeting, and other porous components risk swelling, crumbling, and delamination if soaked for any period of time.
SERVPRO employees learn dozens of targeted strategies to quickly and successfully remove water from you place of business or home. Once the obvious water is gone, the crew uses high-efficiency fans and dehumidifiers to complete the job, drawing residual moisture out of contents and structure.
If severe weather threatens your property with flood damage, SERVPRO of Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel, Olney is ready to help you recover from this catastrophe completely. One call to (618) 783-8677 sets a process in motion that returns your home to you “Like it never even happened.”